WYTHEVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Police arrested a Wytheville man for drug possession Tuesday morning in an area being monitored for illegal drug activity.
According to the Wytheville Police Department, on Tuesday, Sept. 29, officers were dispatched to Withers Park for a report of a “suspicious vehicle.”
After police arrived and investigated, they say they arrested 48-year-old Neal Anthony Cook for possession of methamphetamine.
“We have received reports in the past, and have been monitoring this area and others for illegal narcotic activity,” the department stated on Facebook Tuesday. “Ongoing investigations for illegal narcotics are continuing.”
If you want to report illegal drug activity or share information about a specific crime, contact Wytheville detectives by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (276) 223-3300.
- Danville Fire Department battle Friday night fire on Main Street
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- With Charlie Brown specials gone from TV, here’s how to watch them for free
- Navy vet’s ‘sense of activism changed’ since beating by feds