WYTHE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Deputies with the Wythe County Sheriff’s Office are investigating a shooting that took place Saturday evening.
According to the Wythe County Sheriff’s Office, they received a call to a residence on Vineland Drive in the Barren Springs area at 8:09 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 19.
The caller indicated that one male had sustained a gunshot wound to the chest. When deputies arrived, they found one male who was deceased.
An individual on-the-scene was identified as a person of interest and was taken into custody.
The incident remains under investigation as a homicide from domestic violence.
- Danville Fire Department battle Friday night fire on Main Street
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- With Charlie Brown specials gone from TV, here’s how to watch them for free
- Navy vet’s ‘sense of activism changed’ since beating by feds