WYTHE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Wythe County Board of Supervisors and Wytheville Town Council have agreed on consolidating emergency services.
The Wythe County Rescue Squad will be dissolved. Wytheville Fire Rescue will provide emergency services to the areas previously covered by the Wythe County Rescue Squad. Fire Rescue will take responsibility for all of Wythe County Rescue Squad’s equipment, personal property, accounts receivable, and financial obligations, according to a statement from Wythe County.
The Wythe County Board of Supervisors will give the squad’s two newest ambulances to Wytheville Fire Rescue. The board is also conveying an antique ambulance, a part of the history of the Wythe County Rescue Squad to Wytheville Fire Rescue, said the county.
“The Wythe County Board of Supervisors wishes to express its gratitude for the many years of service and volunteer hours provided by the Wythe County Rescue Squad board members and staff,” according to a statement from Wythe County officials.
“The board is very grateful for their dedication in providing many years of emergency medical services to the residents of Wythe County.”
- Police: One hospitalized following Thursday night shooting in Roanoke
- Evictions are happening despite CDC order; Here’s what Virginia lawmakers are doing about it
- 3 arrested after protests near Richmond Police Department headquarters
- Pinpoint Weather: Cool & rainy as Beta’s remnants move across parts of Southwest VA
- What both sides are saying about a peaceful transition of power