WYTHE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — State troopers are investigating a single-vehicle crash in Wythe County that left a driver dead Monday afternoon.
According to Virginia State Police, at approximately 3:05 p.m. on Monday, July 27, a 2001 Ford Ranger driving along Ivanhoe Road ran off the road, hit an embankment, and overturned a few hundred feet west of Felts Lane.
Police say the driver — identified as 70-year-old Bruce E. Spraker of Max Meadows — died at the scene of the crash.
This crash is still under investigation, officials say.
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Black volunteer rescue workers in Roanoke get historical marker
- Virginia Democrats aren’t defunding the police, some proposing bonuses
- Truck accident causing back-up on I-81
- Lynchburg sees back-to-back shootings within one block, PD investigating possible connection