UPDATE 1:50 p.m.: Assistant Chief Mike Fronimos with the Wytheville Fire and Rescue Department confirmed to WFXR News Saturday afternoon that one person was flown to a trauma center following a single-vehicle crash along I-81 North in Wythe County.
According to fire officials, the department’s partners at Wings airlifted the patient from the crash to the trauma center due to the extent of the patient’s injuries. Fire crews, Virginia State Police, and VDOT also responded to the scene, authorities say.
Meanwhile, VDOT says crews have cleared the scene of the crash that delayed traffic for a few miles at mile marker 73.2 on I-81 North.
WYTHE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Wythe County motorists can expect a couple miles of delays Saturday afternoon following a vehicle crash on I-81 North.
According to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), the northbound right lane and right shoulder are closed at mile marker 73.2 on I-81.
VDOT says Wythe County traffic is currently backed up for approximately two miles from the scene of the crash.
- Altavista awarded for advancing solar energy growth
- Emergency SNAP benefits promised in Virginia for mid-August
- Live video: President Trump visits the Whirlpool plant in Clyde
- Pinpoint Weather: Strong to severe storms expected with gusty winds and heavy rain into the night
- Liberty keeps three ACC matchups in 2020 football schedule