PULASKI COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A vehicle submerged at the Claytor Lake State Park was discovered on Saturday with the body of a woman inside.
Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office say the woman was identified as Martha Rice Shelton, 74, of Pulaski.
Officials found the 2004 Subaru around 7 p.m. on Jan. 11. with the headlights on underwater near the lake’s boat launch area.
The sheriff’s office does not suspect foul play at this time, according to a press statement.
- Mustangs beat Muddogs, 9-2, to notch third win in a row
- No one hurt after structure fire in Roanoke
- California pair charged with hate crime for vandalizing Black Lives Matter mural
- With efforts to grow wheelchair tennis, Hokies hope to fill void of adaptive sports in the area
- Black Out Day 2020 benefits black-owned businesses throughout Roanoke area