HENRY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Virginia State Police are investigating a two-vehicle crash that resulted in a fatality in Henry County on Wednesday morning.
According to State Police, the crash happened on Wednesday, Sept. 30, shortly after 11 a.m. on Route 698, about one-tenth of a mile north of Route 1260.
Troopers say a 2015 Ford Fusion was traveling south on Route 698 when it crossed the center line and collided with a 2016 Freightliner truck.
Elizabeth Spencer Willard, 88, of Bassett was the driver of the Fusion. She was wearing her seat belt, but she died at the scene.
The driver of the Freightliner was not injured and was also wearing his seat belt.
The crash remains under investigation.
- US House passes historic bill that would decriminalize cannabis on the federal level
- Delivery driver dead after electrocuted in Galax industrial accident, police say
- Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine sees nearly 50 percent jump in applicants
- Newsfeed Now: Breaking down the $908 billion COVID-19 relief bill, Hand-“Santa-tizer,” “Grinch-bots,” and more…
- Police take federal fugitive into custody in Wytheville early Friday morning