BEDFORD, Va. (WFXR) – A Vinton woman facing multiple embezzlement charges appeared in court today.
Christi Wright Gray, 44, attended an attorney advisement hearing at the Bedford General District Court.
According to the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, authorities received a report of a possible embezzlement from Mineral Springs Christian School on Dec. 12, 2019.
Investigators say that they arrested and charged Christi Wright Gray — who was a school employee at the time of the crimes — with four felony counts of embezzlement and four felony counts of obtaining money by false pretenses on Wednesday, Jan. 22.
Gray was released on an unsecured bond while authorities continue to investigate the case.
A hearing date has yet to be announced.
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Emergency crews respond to train derailment in Roanoke County
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Photo gallery: Remembering Sean Connery