BEDFORD, Va. (WFXR) – A Vinton woman facing multiple embezzlement charges appeared in court today.
Christi Wright Gray, 44, attended an attorney advisement hearing at the Bedford General District Court.
According to the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, authorities received a report of a possible embezzlement from Mineral Springs Christian School on Dec. 12, 2019.
Investigators say that they arrested and charged Christi Wright Gray — who was a school employee at the time of the crimes — with four felony counts of embezzlement and four felony counts of obtaining money by false pretenses on Wednesday, Jan. 22.
Gray was released on an unsecured bond while authorities continue to investigate the case.
A hearing date has yet to be announced.
- Rain returns to start the work week.
- Harvey Weinstein found guilty in landmark #MeToo moment
- WATCH LIVE at 1 p.m.: Kobe Bryant memorial service at L.A.’s Staples Center
- Virginia Tech to host vice president for student affairs candidate forums
- Katherine Johnson, one of NASA Langley’s ‘Hidden Figures,’ dies at 101