Zeta will be quickly moving up the east side of the Appalachian Range overnight and arrive in Virginia early Thursday morning. Expect gusty winds to be in the 30 – 50 mph range, rainfall amounts in the 1 – 3″ range and the potential for an isolated tornado to spin up as Zeta migrates through the Commonwealth.
Chief Meteorologist John Carroll breaks down the impacts expected for the region as we brace for the 27th named storm of the Atlantic Basin to arrive.
- Roanoke County crash leads to downed power lines, lane closures along Franklin Road
- Virginia health officials report 2,023 new coronavirus cases, 34 new deaths as of Thursday
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- Franklin County crash closes down VA-40, leads to detours
- North Carolina organization buys hotel to house homeless