ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Western Virginia Water Authority crews are on the scene of a water line break impacting homes and traffic on a portion of Liberty Road in Roanoke.
The break happened on Liberty road near Williamson Road around 1:50 p.m. Dec 23, said Tara Poelzing, spokesperson for the Western Virginia Water Authority.
More than 12 homes in the area are without drinking water until the break is fixed, Poelzing said.
Residents can expect to have their water service back on by 11 p.m., she said.
Liberty Road between Williamson Road and Edison Street NW has been closed to motorists for the water line repair and is expected to reopen tomorrow morning.
- Walmart Black Friday: Here are the best deals you can find right now online
- Newsfeed Now: Thanksgiving 2020
- New research shows road rage behaviors come with pricey penalties
- Roanoke Fire-EMS shares tips for deep-frying your Thanksgiving turkey, preventing potential cooking fires
- 19 Thanksgiving foods that are not safe for your pets