WYTHE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Police are investigating after a tractor-trailer driver died following a fiery crash in Wythe County overnight.
According to Virginia State Police, a state trooper responded to the single-vehicle crash in Wythe County at 1:09 a.m. on Sunday, July 12.
Police say a northbound tractor-trailer ran off the left side I-81 at mile marker 63, struck the guardrail and bridge, went over the bridge, and caught on fire.
The tractor-trailer driver died at the scene of the crash, according to authorities. In addition, the fire reportedly destroyed the commercial vehicle.
Virginia State Police says the crash is part of an ongoing investigation.
- UPDATE: Driver dead after tractor-trailer falls off bridge in Roanoke County, police say; crews reopen ramp from I-581N onto I-81S following crash
- Pinpoint Weather: Keep the rain gear handy!
- Pulaski building products plant receives block grant from Gov. Northam’s office
- Pulaski County Public Schools to provide free meals to all students for the 2020-2021 school year
- UPDATE: Three people, one dog displaced after overnight fire in northeast Roanoke