PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Three people were brought to various hospitals after a head-on collision in Pittsylvania County early Wednesday morning.
According to Virginia State Police, the crash took place at approximately 2 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 16, at the intersection of Prospect Road and East Hurt Road.
A state trooper told WFXR News a westbound vehicle was turning onto Prospect Road and collided with another vehicle that was heading eastbound on East Hurt Road.
Two people were flown to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital via helicopter while a third person was brought to the Gretna ER in an ambulance following the crash, according to the state trooper. The three injured parties were reportedly the only occupants in the two vehicles involved in the collision.
Police say the intersection where the crash took place is open at this time.
- Members of Roanoke community react to mental stresses of coronavirus pandemic
- University of Virginia under new COVID-19 restrictions
- The historic role of El Lector in educating cigar factory workers
- 870,000 Americans filed new unemployment claims last week
- Watch: Trump says he won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses