CAMPBELL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Police are investigating after a single-vehicle crash in Campbell County Wednesday night left one person dead and sent four more to the hospital.
Virginia State Police say troopers were dispatched to a crash in Campbell County at 6:58 p.m. on Wednesday, June 24 after a vehicle ran off the road and down an embankment in the 7300 block of Wards Road.
According to police, first responders transported the driver and three passengers to a nearby hospital. However, a fourth passenger reportedly died at the scene after being partially ejected from the vehicle.
Officials say they will release more information about the fourth passenger once Virginia State Police notify the next of kin.
The Virginia State Police Appomattox Division Crash Reconstruction Team is taking part in the ongoing crash investigation, police say.
- Former Pulaski town employee still faces eviction after decision not made during town council meeting
- In-depth coronavirus interview with Sec. Alex Azar, Surgeon General Jerome Adams, Dr. Deborah Birx
- UPDATE: Crash cleared on Route 116 in Franklin County
- COVID-19 could be contributing to increased sales of hunting and fishing licenses
- UNC puts loss in rear-view mirror ahead of NC State’s visit