PULASKI COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Virginia State Police have released new details surrounding the multi-vehicle crash on I-81 in Pulaski County Wednesday evening.
According to State Police, the incident occurred at 5:16 p.m. on Wednesday near mile-marker 87.5.
A total of seven vehicles were involved, including four tractor-trailers and three passenger vehicles, all of which collided in a chain-reaction crash in the left northbound lane of I-81.
The driver of a 2020 GMC Yukon, David Swartz, 53, of Keller, TX died at the scene and two passengers from the same vehicle were transported for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
A driver of one of the tractor-trailers, Jatinder Saini, 31, of Centreville, VA also died at the scene.
Charges are pending and the investigation into the crash continues.
- Prince Philip’s funeral: Duke of Edinburgh to be laid to rest in Windsor Castle
- Pinpoint Weather: Seasonably cool temperatures, slight shower chances this weekend
- Friday Night Blitz : Friday, April 16, 2021
- Former Liberty Flames player Emily Lytle signs with Virginia Tech
- William Byrd names new boys and girls head basketball coaches