CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Virginia State Police are investigating a fatal single-vehicle crash in Charlotte County. The crash took place Saturday, April 4, at 1:05 a.m. on Route 360, less than a mile west of Route 710.
The driver was a female from Danville. State Police say she drove a 2006 Toyota Camry, traveling west on Route 360 at a high speed when she ran off the left side of the road, overcorrected, and struck an embankment on the other side of the road, where the vehicle overturned.
The driver was flown to VCU Medical Center in Richmond for serious injuries.
There were three passengers in the vehicle. One of the passengers, Sean Blake Jackson Thompson, 25, of South Hill, Va. was ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene. He was not wearing a seatbelt. The second passenger, an adult female from Fredericksburg, was flown to VCU Medical Center for treatment of serious injuries. The third passenger, an adult male from Danville, went to Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital for minor injuries.
The crash remains under investigation. Charges are pending.
- WATCH LIVE 2 p.m.: Gov. Northam to update Virginia on COVID-19 response
- Man who allegedly broke into bank says he did it for a ‘Hot Pocket’
- ‘He needed a different fit’: YouTuber, husband place adopted 4-year-old son with autism with ‘new mommy’
- West Virginia man faces murder charge after accused of shooting mother in the head
- Liberty University’s president ‘reluctantly complies’ to mask mandate by ‘designing’ his own