GRAYSON COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Virginia State Police is investigating a fatal single-vehicle crash in Grayson County that occurred Friday evening.
At 11:50 p.m. on August 14, Virginia State Police responded to a single-vehicle crash on New River Parkway/Route 21 just north of Hardin Road in Grayson County.
A vehicle ran off the right side of the road, struck a guardrail, over-corrected and ran off the left side of the road before striking a tree.
The driver, Carlos A. Hernandez, 38, of Sparta, N.C., died at the scene.
The crash remains under investigation.
- TSA installs acrylic shields at Lynchburg Regional Airport to prevent spread of COVID-19
- Roanoke Sheriff’s Office warns residents about phone scam
- Fatal single-vehicle crash occurred on U.S. 460 in Giles Co., according to state police
- All lanes on VA-40 in Pittsylvania Co. near Dr Mease Drive closed due to crash
- Roanoke County Police ask drivers to avoid Bent Mountain Rd. due to winter weather conditions