CAMPBELL COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Virginia State Police are investigating a fatal pedestrian crash that occurred in the Rustburg area of Campbell County.
State troopers say they responded to reports of a crash the 20800 block of Timberlake Road in Rustburg at 10:08 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 29.
According to police, a female pedestrian was struck by a vehicle before being transported to Lynchburg General Hospital, where she later died from her injuries.
The vehicle involved in the incident reportedly remained on scene. The crash remains under investigation, and Virginia State Police say they are working to notify the next of kin.
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 13
- 2,700 acre solar farm potentially coming to Pulaski County
- Danville City School Board delays in-person instruction until after winter break
- 102-year-old New York woman born during Spanish Flu pandemic beats COVID-19 twice
- As Virginia hospitalizations hit new high, model says some regions could run out of bed space by January