CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Virginia State Police are investigating a multi-vehicle crash that left one person dead.
The crash occurred at 10:55 p.m. on Thursday at the intersection of Highway 59 and Ingleside Lane.
A 2019 Freightliner FLD tractor-trailer was backing up onto Route 59, causing the trailer to cross the center line. A 2000 Saab 95, traveling in the opposite direction, came around the curve and struck the trailer.
The driver of the Saab, Daniel M. Walsh, 79, of Drakes Branch, was wearing a seatbelt, but died at the scene.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, Brandon N. Davis, 33, of Norfolk, is charged with reckless driving. He was not injured and was wearing a seatbelt.
The crash remains under investigation.
- One person hurt after shooting in Lynchburg
- Police investigate fatal motorcycle crash in Henry County
- Henry County Sheriff’s Office investigating Saturday night shooting
- Amherst County Schools confirms COVID-positive case at Amherst County High School
- Hidden Valley Country Club raises over $15K for Carilion Children’s Hospital in weekend tournament