BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Virginia State Police are investigating a two-vehicle crash that resulted in a fatality.
The crash occurred on Friday at 10:53 p.m. on Route 460, two-tenths of a mile west of Dixie Lane in Bedford County.
A 1993 Toyota Corolla was traveling the wrong direction in the westbound lanes on Route 460 when the vehicle struck a 2015 Chevrolet Malibu head-on.
The driver of the Toyota was identified as Tyler Jacob Little, 23, of Hurt, Va. Little was wearing his seatbelt and was transported to Centra Bedford Memorial Hospital, where he later died.
The crash remains under investigation, but alcohol is believed to be a factor.
There is no information on the driver of the Chevrolet at this time.
- Ferrum pitcher Will Davis finds success in Martinsville
- Duke hires Celtics’ Kara Lawson as women’s basketball coach
- Virginia sheriff’s deputy who said he was attacked Friday night charged with falsely summonsing law enforcement and obstruction of justice
- Boy calls for help; says his father shot his mother in Wythe County, authorities say
- Walking through African American history at Old City Cemetery