VIRGINIA (WFXR) – Virginia Representative Don Beyer and his wife Megan announcing that they will self-quarantine after they were exposed to a positive case of coronavirus.
Virginia’s 8th District Congressman was contacted by the Virginia Department of Health. The agency shared that the two had been in close contact at a dinner with a friend who tested positive for COVID-19. The timeline of the friend’s infection began shortly after the dinner on February 28.
Rep. Beyer says that he is self-quarantining so that he does not spread the illness. In the days since the dinner, neither he nor his wife have shown any symptoms of the virus. The probability of having the infection is low.
Rep. Beyer will close his office for public business and will not attend any votes or hearings until they are cleared by the Virginia Department of Health.
- VDH reports 2,048 new COVID-19 cases while total deaths climb past 10,500 Tuesday
- Virginia to pause all Johnson & Johnson vaccinations until CDC, FDA investigation complete
- Bedford firefighters respond to Monday afternoon fires at Moneta house, Tootsie’s diner
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots
- Police officer killed in Capitol car attack will lie in honor Tuesday