ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – After nearly four decades of service, Roanoke Police Chief Tim Jones signed off on Friday.
Jones served as chief of the Roanoke Police Department for more than three years before submitting his letter of intent to retire in August 2019.
Earlier this week, the City of Roanoke announced that Deputy Chief Chester Smith, Jr. will assume the role of acting police chief until the city finds a replacement.
- Roanoke College falls to Greensboro in season opener
- Mangum leads Radford past Campbell 97-91 in 3OT
- Renewed rivalries mark opening night for Roanoke City Schools
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Police investigating after $250K worth of hemp stolen from TruHarvest Farms