UPDATE 10:08 a.m.: Crews have cleared the scene of Monday morning’s vehicle fire along I-77 South in Bland County, allowing traffic to return to a regular flow.
UPDATE 9:21 a.m.: VDOT says crews have closed all southbound lanes near mile marker 57 on I-77 in Bland County following Monday morning’s vehicle fire.
Traffic along I-77 South is still delayed for approximately two miles, according to VDOT.
BLAND COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Monday morning motorists can expect a few miles of delays along I-77 South in Bland County due to a vehicle fire.
According to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), the southbound right lane and right shoulder closed near mile marker 57 of I-77 South.
Traffic is currently backed up for approximately two miles, VDOT says.
- Geomagnetic storm watches in effect due to ‘coronal hole’: How it could impact Earth this week
- Cheney says she’s ‘thinking about’ running for president
- Roanoke event aims to teach community about human trafficking
- Fetterman campaign raises $500K in wake of viral Oz ‘crudité’ video
- Demings up by 4 points in challenge to Rubio: poll