UPDATE 10:08 a.m.: Crews have cleared the scene of Monday morning’s vehicle fire along I-77 South in Bland County, allowing traffic to return to a regular flow.
UPDATE 9:21 a.m.: VDOT says crews have closed all southbound lanes near mile marker 57 on I-77 in Bland County following Monday morning’s vehicle fire.
Traffic along I-77 South is still delayed for approximately two miles, according to VDOT.
BLAND COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Monday morning motorists can expect a few miles of delays along I-77 South in Bland County due to a vehicle fire.
According to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), the southbound right lane and right shoulder closed near mile marker 57 of I-77 South.
Traffic is currently backed up for approximately two miles, VDOT says.
- Republicans urge Biden to suspend China travel amid uptick in respiratory illness
- Judge rejects Trump’s immunity argument in federal 2020 election case
- Santa delivers stockings made by volunteers for newborns at Virginia Baptist Hospital
- How to care for a real Christmas tree
- Cocaine found in Jeep’s battery at South Texas checkpoint results in guilty plea