UPDATE 10:55 a.m.: VDOT officials say that the accident at mile marker 135 on I-81 has been cleared.
Southbound traffic patterns have also returned to normal.
ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Southbound motorists are facing a two mile delay along I-81 in Roanoke County due to a vehicle accident near mile marker 135.
The Virginia Department of Transportation reopened the southbound travel lanes at 10:26 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 14, but the right shoulder is still closed at this time.
VDOT says there is still a two mile backup near mile marker 135 while crews continue to clear the scene of the accident.
- String of 90°days in jeopardy today, as more widespread rain is expected.
- First annual Ronnie Roberts Senior Classic held in Lynchburg
- Lynchburg Black Lives Matter host a community affair
- After VA mother, daughter killed by car fleeing police, software creator wants to make donation to agencies
- Virginia Tech professor discusses African American perspectives on the Fourth of July