UPDATE 10:55 a.m.: VDOT officials say that the accident at mile marker 135 on I-81 has been cleared.
Southbound traffic patterns have also returned to normal.
ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Southbound motorists are facing a two mile delay along I-81 in Roanoke County due to a vehicle accident near mile marker 135.
The Virginia Department of Transportation reopened the southbound travel lanes at 10:26 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 14, but the right shoulder is still closed at this time.
VDOT says there is still a two mile backup near mile marker 135 while crews continue to clear the scene of the accident.
- Eric Trump hosts Latinos for Trump event in Las Vegas Tuesday evening
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- Hospital COVID-19 capacity at 85% in Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts
- Vehicle fire cleared on I-81 in Rockbridge County
- Martin Truex, Jr. seeks third straight Martinsville win, spot in Cup final