(WFXR) — While motorists in the New River Valley are facing icy roads and high winds Tuesday morning, a number of roads in the Southside area are still closed from Monday’s flooding.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) tweeting warnings about potential delays due to snow/ice on multiple routes in Bland County and Grayson County on Tuesday, Dec. 1.
In addition, VDOT issued high wind advisories at mile marker 0 on I-77 North and mile marker 24.1 on I-77 South in Carroll County, which may cause delays.
Meanwhile, according to VDOT, approximately two dozen roads are still closed due to flooding around the Lynchburg District as of 5:46 a.m. on Tuesday. Those road closures are located in Amherst County, Charlotte County, Halifax County, and Pittsylvania County.
For more information on specific road closures in your area, check out VDOT’s online traffic map.
- Border crossing briefly shuts down as asylum-seekers try to enter U.S.
- How Cabo Fish Taco is participating in Downtown Roanoke Restaurant Week
- How to enjoy a Saturday of biking with Cardinal Bicycle
- Why knowing your food is “100% grown on American soil” is so important with Pictsweet Farms
- Former Northside, Virginia Tech soccer player Daniel Pereira selected first overall in MLS SuperDraft