SALEM, Va. (WFXR) — VDOT released a list of roadway projects and traffic changes in southwest Virginia.
- RAMP TO I-81 NORTHBOUND FROM ROUTE 232 IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY REOPENS TO TRAFFIC — As of May 1, the on-ramp onto I-81 northbound from Route 232 at exit 105 is now open to traffic. The ramp was closed as a part of the New River Bridge construction. The detour route has been removed.
- I-81 NORTHBOUND AT EXIT 105 NEW RIVER BRIDGE REPLACEMENT IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY – Lane and shoulder closures may be in place near exit 105 during the week from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. Slow rolls may be performed on I-81 in the north and southbound lanes from mile marker 104 to 106 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. The speed limit is reduced to 60 miles per hour in the work zone.
- I-81 LANE WIDENING CONSTRUCTION – A project to widen the lanes on I-81 in Roanoke in both northbound and southbound directions between Exit 141 to Exit 143 has begun and is estimated to be completed by the summer of 2022. Drivers can expect daily closures of the left lane from 7 p.m. until 7 a.m.
- EXIT RAMP CLOSURE: The exit ramp on I-81 north at mile marker 105 onto Route 232 will be closed for extended periods from Monday, May 4 at 7 a.m. until Thursday, May 7 at 5 p.m. and Monday, May 11 at 7 a.m. until Thursday, May 14 at 5 p.m. Drivers must use alternate locations to exit the interstate and access Route 232.
- I-581 BRIDGE DECK REPAIRS – Weather permitting, crews will repair bridge decks on I-581 between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. Right, center and left lane closures will be in place northbound and southbound lanes.
Check out the full list of construction projects by county: