WARNING: This story contains images which may be disturbing for some readers.
DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) –Ten days have passed since veterinarians surgically removed an arrow from a cat’s side, but that cat has yet to leave the hospital.
As WFXR News previously covered, the injured cat was discovered with an arrow through her shoulder in the parking lot of the A.S. Pugh Roofing Company on Main Street on the morning of Thursday, Jan. 2.
The Danville Area Humane Society arranged for the cat to undergo surgery at the Animal Medical Center and offered a $1,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the cat’s injuries.
When a WFXR reporter reached out to the Danville Area Humane Society on Friday, Jan. 3, Executive Director Paulette Dean said that the cat was not eating much and still seemed timid, but her wound appeared fine and she was expected to stay in the hospital through Sunday, Jan. 5.
Unfortunately, according to a Facebook post by the humane society on Saturday, Jan. 11, the cat is still in the hospital because of a chronic fever. However, once the cat fully recovers, Dean says she will be available for adoption.
If you have information about this incident, please call the Danville Area Humane Society at (434) 799-0843 or the Danville Police Department at (434) 799-5111.
- WV congresswoman urges for body of WWII Medal of Honor recipient to honorably lie in US Capitol
- KDC/ONE expected to lay off workers in 2023 in Lynchburg
- Famous actors from Virginia
- TSA ‘alarmed’ at number of guns caught at New Jersey airport in 2022
- Mississippi House Speaker says 12-year-old incest victims should continue pregnancies to term