ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke County Police say the body of a baby found in a bag Sunday at Tanglewood Mall was partially decomposed, making it difficult to determine the age and sex of the child.
According to Roanoke County Police Department, officers were dispatched to Tanglewood Mall at 3:20 p.m. on Sunday, July 19, after receiving a report of a female behaving strangely.
Police say the woman, Mandy Lavonne Lacy, 34, was behaving erratically and assaulted one officer who was left with a minor injury.
Following Lacy’s arrest, police found the body of a baby in a shopping bag she had with her. Lacy is believed to be homeless and has now been charged with assaulting a police officer.
Additional charges are pending as the investigation continues.
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- Sunday COVID-19 Update: 999 new cases, one new death in Virginia from Carroll County
- Saturday evening shooting leaves one dead in Roanoke
- Pinpoint Weather: Rain slowly exits Sunday, eyes on western Caribbean as Zeta is born