UPDATE 6/17/19 9:28PM — Authorities have determined that a fire in a Roanoke County townhome was sparked by combustibles that were left too close to a hearing source.
Damage is estimated $40,000.
The elderly woman who was rushed to the hospital have severe smoke inhalation; there is no update on her condition.
Authorities said an unresponsive elderly woman has been rescued from a townhome fire in Northeast Roanoke County.
The fire was reported at a home on Scarlet Oak Court near Hollins around 5:20 p.m.
The woman has life-threatening injuries.
Firefighters also tried to save a cat from the fire; the animal later died.
Stay with WFXR News and VirginiaFirst.com for the latest on this developing story