Two Roanoke residents displaced after chimney fire

Local News

ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke Fire-EMS responded to a house fire on Sunday afternoon that left two residents displaced.

Authorities say that residents in the 1500 block of Buena Vista Boulevard were working outside when the house fire caught their attention. The residents called 911 and Roanoke Fire-EMS responded at 1:29 p.m.

Crews arrived on the scene to find heavy smoke coming from the house. Firefighters located the source of the fire in the chimney and have ruled it accidental.

The two displaced residents are unharmed.

LATEST STORIES:

Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form