LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The Lynchburg Police Department arrested two people in connection with a shooting that left one person injured late Thursday afternoon.
According to the department, officers responded to a report of a malicious wounding from the 1100 block of Rivermont Avenue at approximately 5:45 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 24.
When police arrived, they say they found one victim with a single gunshot wound to the hand. The victim was reportedly shot in the area of Victoria Avenue.
However, the department says officers identified and located a suspect vehicle in the 1500 block of Longview Drive within 30 minutes.
According to the department, 25-year-old Montchello Johnson and 24-year-old Cynthia Scott — both of Lynchburg — face the following charges:
- Malicious Wounding
- Discharging a firearm within city limits
- Use of a firearm in commission of a felony
- Reckless handling of a firearm
- Shooting in a public place
- Shooting from a vehicle
- Concealed carry of a firearm
Anyone who may have captured video of the incident on a security or doorbell camera is asked to contact the Lynchburg Police Department at (434) 455-6065.
If you have any information about this ongoing investigation, call Detective Campbell at (434) 485-7267.
- Gov. Northam suffers broken hand while winterizing boat
- Pinpoint Weather: Sunny and mild weather pattern remains in place
- Liberty Flames add UMass back to 2020 football schedule
- Virginia Tech’s Mike Young joins the fight against bullying
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?