LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A multi-vehicle crash on US 501 South in Lynchburg not only backed up traffic on the expressway late Saturday afternoon, but it also injured a woman and a juvenile.
According to Lynchburg Police Department, the crash took place at 4:22 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 22 between a black Kia SUV and a black Dodge pickup truck. Police say that the Kia was coming off the entrance ramp from Timberlake Road onto US 501 South, but the driver failed to complete the curve and drove in a perpendicular fashion onto the expressway before getting T-boned by the Dodge pickup.
Both the woman driving the Kia and a juvenile in the Dodge pickup went to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, authorities say.
The southbound side of the US 501 expressway was shut down right before 4:30 p.m. and traffic was diverted onto Timberlake Road until crews reopened one lane at 4:55 p.m., according to the Lynchburg Police Department.
Police say reckless driving charges are pending for the Kia driver.
- Eight years later: family of missing Rocky Mount woman is hopeful they’re close to answers
- WVU announces “more than a dozen” students have tested positive for COVID-19
- President Trump jokes he’ll “take a look” at giving pardon to Joe Exotic
- USFS: Spy Rock Trailhead temporarily closed due to health crisis
- Congress breaks tradition during pandemic; House members can submit bills electronically