ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke FireEMS responded to the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport after reports of an aircraft that made a hard landing on the runway.
Around 1:10 p.m. this afternoon, a Diamond DA20 aircraft attempted to land, leaving the runway and eventually stopping in the grass nearby.
There were two people on board.
Roanoke Regional Airport Commission staff and Airport Rescue and Firefighting were nearby and responded immediately.
A few minutes later, Roanoke Fire-EMS arrived on scene. One patient was transported for further medical evaluation and the other was treated on scene and refused transport.
The runway has since reopened.
Virginia State Police are investigating the incident.
- Virginia woman kept 14 cats, dog in hot U-Haul van in York County Walmart parking lot, deputies say
- Henry County School Board’s 2020-21 reopening plans announced after DEO issues support
- Senator: Brands, companies should take action against racial inequality
- Federal government to start surge testing program after 32 states show rise in COVID-19 cases
- Virginia’s gun sales shot to historic levels in June