ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Roanoke FireEMS responded to the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport after reports of an aircraft that made a hard landing on the runway.
Around 1:10 p.m. this afternoon, a Diamond DA20 aircraft attempted to land, leaving the runway and eventually stopping in the grass nearby.
There were two people on board.
Roanoke Regional Airport Commission staff and Airport Rescue and Firefighting were nearby and responded immediately.
A few minutes later, Roanoke Fire-EMS arrived on scene. One patient was transported for further medical evaluation and the other was treated on scene and refused transport.
The runway has since reopened.
Virginia State Police are investigating the incident.
- Today in Tokyo: July 31, 2021 (Day 8)
- Ban on ‘Soul Cap’ spotlights lack of diversity in swimming
- Fountain of youth: 37-year-old becomes oldest Olympic weightlifting champ
- Bacon in California may become scarce, more expensive as new pig rules take effect
- Florida neighborhood offering $500 reward for information on deer found with arrow through neck