DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Two Danville residents face charges in connection with a fatal motorcycle crash last Friday.
According to the Danville Police Department, witnesses saw a motorcycle and a Chevrolet Camaro was traveling north on Piney Forest Road at a high rate of speed on Friday, April 24. Around 7:40 p.m., police say calls came in regarding a crash in the 3300 block of North Main Street near the Squire Armory.
There was reportedly evidence at the scene that the motorcycle hit a curb and the operator was thrown from the bike. The Danville Lifesaving Crew transported the motorcyclist — 30-year-old Bobby J. Collins — to the hospital where he was pronounced dead, according to police.
The department says 21-year-old Marco N. Escobal Rocha — the driver of the Chevrolet Camaro — was charged with causing the death of another while engaging in a race while his passenger, 20-year-old Karissa A. Dix, was charged with obstruction of justice.
Police announced Tuesday, April 28 that both Escobal Rocha and Dix are Danville residents and were released on recognized bonds.
- Glenvar girls win the VHSL Class 2 Indoor Track Title
- Liberty Trio Earns ASUN’s Top Honors
- Mike Hedrick resigns as Patrick Henry head girls basketball coach
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Route 220 Business SB in Henry County closed due to crash
- Black Virginians four times as likely to be cited for marijuana possession