GILES COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Two men have been arrested after allegedly stealing a truck in Giles County.
According to a social media post, the incident was reported on Monday, Aug. 24 when deputies with the Giles County Sheriff’s Office had received a report of a stolen pickup in Pearisburg, which was ultimately recovered but was vandalized, according to deputies, later that night.
Investigators obtained warrants on Aaron Francis Rose, 19 and Peyton Thomas Palmer, 28, both of Riner.
Both men are being charged with grand larceny of a motor vehicle and conspiracy to commit grand larceny of a motor vehicle.
Rose has been arrested by the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office and is being held at the New River Valley Regional Jail without bond.
Palmer is not in custody. If you have information on his whereabouts, contact the Giles County Sheriff’s Office at (540) 921-3842.
Additional charges could be issued as the investigation into this matter is ongoing.
- Tropical Storm Beta meandering toward Texas, Louisiana
- VDH: 856 new cases of coronavirus, 25 new deaths as of Sunday
- ‘Dewgarita’: How to make the Mountain Dew margarita Red Lobster’s now serving
- UVA identifies additional coronavirus cases in dorms after positive wastewater and individual tests
- Kanawha, Fayette, and Putnam counties move out of COVID-19 red tier