ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Fire officials announced Wednesday morning six Roanoke residents are displaced after a tree fell on their home.
Roanoke Fire-EMS announced on Wednesday, June 17 that first responders were dispatched to the 3700 block of Signal Hill Avenue NW for a tree in a house at 10:29 a.m.
Crews arrived at the house to find a tree breaking through the ceiling of several rooms in the house, according to the department.
Even though six residents were at home when the tree fell, they reportedly escaped the house safely and without any injuries. However, fire officials say the two adults and four children are displaced due to the fallen tree.
- Pinpoint Weather: Fall feel to the last weekend of the summer
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?
- Poll workers in Floyd see large early voter turnout
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- CDC issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded COVID-19 risk map