GALAX, Va. (WFXR) — Twin County Regional Healthcare has recognized Susan Cox, RN, as the hospital’s 2020 Mercy Award winner.
The Mercy Award recognizes one employee from each of LifePoint Health’s hospitals who “profoundly touches the lives of others and best represents the spirit and values on which the company was founded.”
Cox has participated in events such as the Galax Virginia Police Fitness Challenge Spartan Race, and has helped with the annual Women’s Expo. She has also aided with Twin County Regional Heathcare Skills Day, Employee Health Fair and assisted the Virginia Department of Health with the area’s first drive-thru COVID-19 screenings.
The Mercy Award is an annual recognition program established in 2002 to honor the life and contributions of Scott Mercy, LifePoint’s founding chairman and chief executive officer. The award is considered the highest honor a LifePoint employee can receive.
Each hospital winner, including Susan, will be considered for LifePoint’s 2020 companywide Mercy Award.
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Pittsylvania-Danville, Southside health districts prepare for Phase 1b of COVID-19 vaccinations on Jan. 18
- Police investigating Virginia teen Samantha Clarke’s 2010 disappearance as a homicide