GALAX, Va. (WFXR) — Twin County Regional Healthcare has recognized Susan Cox, RN, as the hospital’s 2020 Mercy Award winner.
The Mercy Award recognizes one employee from each of LifePoint Health’s hospitals who “profoundly touches the lives of others and best represents the spirit and values on which the company was founded.”
Cox has participated in events such as the Galax Virginia Police Fitness Challenge Spartan Race, and has helped with the annual Women’s Expo. She has also aided with Twin County Regional Heathcare Skills Day, Employee Health Fair and assisted the Virginia Department of Health with the area’s first drive-thru COVID-19 screenings.
The Mercy Award is an annual recognition program established in 2002 to honor the life and contributions of Scott Mercy, LifePoint’s founding chairman and chief executive officer. The award is considered the highest honor a LifePoint employee can receive.
Each hospital winner, including Susan, will be considered for LifePoint’s 2020 companywide Mercy Award.
- UPDATE: Crews reopen I-81 North in Pulaski County following Wednesday’s fatal multi-vehicle crash; traffic still delayed for miles
- Wedding photographer captures Beirut explosion
- COVIDWISE: How to use Virginia’s new contact-tracing app
- Pinpoint Weather: More clouds and more storms on this Thursday
- 11 alleged MS-13 members, associates charged with trafficking Virginia teen