BOTETOURT COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The trial of a suspended Liberty University adjunct professor accused of filming minors has been delayed.
David DeHaven of Fincastle was arrested in August 2019, accused of filming minors without their knowledge. He is charged with three felony counts involving minors and three misdemeanor counts involving victims over 18.
Jury selection was scheduled to begin Thursday, Jan. 2, in Botetourt Circuit Court, but his trial was discontinued to another date. There is no word on when the trial could be rescheduled.
DeHaven was suspended from his position as an adjunct professor in Liberty University’s online programs after his arrest. Scott Lamb, a spokesman for Liberty, said DeHaven is still on suspension “pending the outcome of the charges.”
- Three women arrested in connection with armed robbery at Halifax County mini mart
- Less than a week: Key dates as we approach Election Day
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta moves northeast after battering Gulf Coast
- Numerous schools closed, operating virtually Thursday due to Zeta’s weather
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus