BOTETOURT COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A Norfolk Southern train hit a truck Thursday in Botetourt County, not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway.
The crash happened around 11 a.m. near the intersection of Willowbrook Lane and Webster Road in Cloverdale. Davis Road was temporarily closed because of the crash.
The driver of the truck was taken to a local hospital for examination.
Norfolk Southern Railroad released the following statement regarding this morning’s crash:
Shortly after 11 a.m. today, a Norfolk Southern train struck a dump truck near Davis Road in Cloverdale, Virginia. There were no reported injuries to the NS train crew. Initial reports indicate that the driver of the vehicle was transported to the hospital for medical examination.
The train stopped following the incident and is blocking the Davis Road railroad crossing. Norfolk Southern anticipates to resume normal operations on the line within the next hour or two, barring any unexpected delays.
The intermodal train was en route from Norfolk, Virginia, to Louisville, Kentucky, when the incident occurred.Norfolk Southern
- XFL football games to return spring of 2022
- Eligible organic growers and processors in Virginia can receive reimbursement funding
- Credit card fraud, identity theft explode in the pandemic
- Virginia State Police launches new Freedom of Information Act request website
- Wytheville-area police officer earns award for teen-related traffic crash and fatality prevention efforts