VINTON, Va. (WFXR) — A traffic crash quickly turned into a hazmat situation Monday morning after a van rolled on its side with chemicals inside.
Brian Clingenpeel, Community Outreach Coordinator with Roanoke County Fire and Rescue, says the van was involved in a two-car crash in the 2100 block of Washington Avenue in Vinton near Northwest Hardware at 8:20 a.m.
Clingenpeel said there were no injuries, but chemicals in the van — muriatic acid and liquid chlorine — had “to be dealt with.”
Roanoke City’s hazmat team assisted with the cleanup.
- Hoffman reflects on long-awaited Hokies debut
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Black volunteer rescue workers in Roanoke get historical marker
- Virginia Democrats aren’t defunding the police, some proposing bonuses