UPDATE 1:13 p.m.: The scene of Thursday morning’s incident has been cleared from I-81 South in Roanoke County, allowing traffic to return to a normal flow after being backed up for more than six miles earlier.
UPDATE 12:06 p.m.: VDOT says the backup along I-81 South in Roanoke County has now stretched to six miles following Thursday morning’s incident near mile marker 139.
ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) says Roanoke County motorists can expect serious delays along I-81 South Thursday morning because of an incident.
According to VDOT, the southbound right lane and right shoulder are closed just short of mile marker 139 on I-81 in Roanoke County.
VDOT says traffic is currently backed up for approximately 4.5 miles at this time.
- Senior Sunday: Hidden Valley’s Sean Gibbons
- Danville residents shocked by the earthquake, but no reports of injuries
- Animal control officers rescue injured owl from tangled fishing line in Virginia Beach
- Southside Virginia Forecast
- New River Valley Forecast