UPDATE 11:15 p.m.: The earlier vehicle fire at the East River Mountain Tunnel South on I-77 in Bland County has been cleared.
Traffic is moving normally around this area.
UPDATE 10:45 p.m.: VDOT says that backups are mounting behind a vehicle fire at the East River Mountain Tunnel on I-77 South in Bland County.
According to VDOT, backups are approximately 1.5 miles.
All southbound lanes remain closed at the tunnel.
BLAND COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – A vehicle fire at the East River Mountain Tunnel has closed all southbound lanes just south of the Virginia/West Virginia state line.
Drivers should find an alternate route.
- Gov. Northam suffers broken hand while winterizing boat
- Pinpoint Weather: Sunny and mild weather pattern remains in place
- Liberty Flames add UMass back to 2020 football schedule
- Virginia Tech’s Mike Young joins the fight against bullying
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?