UPDATE 11:18 a.m.: Crews have cleared the scene of Montgomery County’s tractor-trailer crash at mile marker 125.6 on I-81 South, VDOT says.
UPDATE 10:13 a.m.: According to VDOT, all southbound lanes have been reopened at mile marker 125.6 on I-81 following Thursday morning’s tractor-trailer crash, but Montgomery County motorists are still backed up for approximately three miles.
UPDATE 9:59 a.m.: While Montgomery County delays have grown to approximately three miles at mile marker 125.6 on I-81 South, VDOT says southbound traffic is being detoured off at exit 128.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Motorists in Montgomery County can expect several miles of delays Thursday morning due to a tractor-trailer crash along I-81 South.
According to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), the southbound left shoulder, left lane, center lane, and right lane are closed at mile marker 125.6 on I-81 in Montgomery County.
However, traffic is reportedly getting by on the right shoulder.
Traffic is currently backed up for approximately two miles along I-81 South at this time, VDOT says.
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- UPDATE: Crash cleared on Route 29 south in Campbell County
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- State Police investigate fatal tractor-trailer crash in Wythe County near the I-81/I-77 split