UPDATE 9:39 A.M.: VDOT says delays have shrunk to half a mile on I-81 in Botetourt County after crews reopened all northbound lanes at mile marker 168 following Wednesday morning’s tractor trailer crash.
BOTETOURT COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Wednesday morning commuters can expect delays in Botetourt County due to a tractor-trailer crash along I-81 North.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) says the northbound right lane and right shoulder are closed at mile marker 168 — about half a mile south of Exit 168 and Route 614 — on I-81.
According to VDOT, traffic is currently backed up for a mile in Botetourt County due to the crash.
- UVA identifies additional coronavirus cases in dorms after positive wastewater and individual tests
- Kanawha, Fayette, and Putnam counties move out of COVID-19 red tier
- Wythe County Sheriff’s Office investigates fatal shooting
- Pinpoint Weather: Sunny skies with a fall feel continues, watching Beta’s progression for late-week rain chances
- Henry Brabham memorialized at the Lancerlot Sports Complex