UPDATE 10:20 p.m.: Virginia State Police have confirmed that the person killed in the tractor-trailer crash on Route 130 in Amherst County was a pedestrian.
The crash remains under investigation.
UPDATE 9:35 p.m.: Virginia State Police have confirmed to WFXR News that the tractor-trailer crash on Route 130 in Amherst County occurred at 7:34 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 5, and that the crash has resulted in a fatality.
Detours are still in place in this area.
UPDATE 9:10 p.m.: A detour has officially been set up around a tractor-trailer crash on Route 130 in Amherst County.
Drivers heading east from Glasgow, heading toward Lynchburg will be rerouted off Route 130 onto Route 637, then onto Route 635 and back onto Route 130.
Drivers heading west from Lynchburg, heading toward Glasgow will be rerouted off onto Route 635, then onto Route 647 and back onto Route 130.
AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – A tractor-trailer crash has shut down all eastbound and westbound lanes of Elon Road (Route 130) in Amherst County.
According to VDOT, the crash is located near the intersection of Buffalo Springs Turnpike (Route 635), or near the community of Agricola.
Drivers can take Route 501 as a detour around this crash.
- UPDATE: Jackson River Technical Center to remain closed until Monday due to COVID-19 case
- Monument Avenue residents file notice of appeal in Robert E. Lee statue lawsuit as Richmond judge restores injunction
- Tracking the Tropics: Disturbance has 80% chance of developing over the Caribbean
- More than 11,000 impacted by outages around southwest, central Virginia following Zeta’s weather
- AG Herring shares training video on voter intimidation protections with Virginia’s law enforcement, election officials