UPDATE 10:37 a.m.: Crews officially cleared the tractor-trailer accident on I-81 near mile marker 173, according to VDOT.
VDOT announced at 10:22 a.m. that traffic was still backed up for two miles from the accident site, but traffic officials have not reported any backups near mile marker 173 on I-81 since then.
UPDATE 10:07 a.m.: VDOT announced that crews reopened all southbound travel lanes on I-81 near the site of the tractor-trailer accident.
However, delays still extend at least four miles, according to VDOT.
BOTETOURT COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Southbound motorists in Botetourt County face several miles of delays along I-81 after a tractor-trailer accident on Friday morning.
According to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), the southbound right lane and right shoulder at mile marker 173 on I-81 are closed while crews work to clear the site of a tractor-trailer accident.
Traffic is currently backed up for about four miles, VDOT says.
- Roanoke City extends business and personal property tax deadlines
- Salem Red Sox Raise $1764 for Local Non-Profits
- Roanoke Rescue Mission to hold Easter Egg hunt for shelter children
- FCA Recognizes Tony Bennett with John Lotz Award
- ‘Paycheck Protection’ may run out of stimulus cash