VINTON, Va. (WFXR) — The Town of Vinton will add a sidewalk and bike lane from West Lee Avenue to 1st Street to accommodate pedestrians.
The project is funded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) (formerly known as Regional Surface Transportation Program). The plan will be governed and administered under the VDOT Locally Administered Projects (LAP) Manual, Roanoke County, and Town of Vinton policies and procedures.
The deadline for proposals is Tuesday, April 28, 2020, at 4 p.m. Proposals must include a traffic management plan in order to reduce inconvenience.
Proposal documents may be downloaded from Vinton’s website or by calling (540) 983-0608. Contractors may also pick up the paperwork at the Town of Vinton Municipal Building, Treasurer’s Office, 311 S. Pollard St., Vinton VA 24179.
- Danville man faces charges in early-March homicide
- Coronavirus Digital Special Report: Roanoke virtual press conference and possible changes to Virginia elections
- LIVE NOW: Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies
- Strong to severe storms today and Thursday
- Redskins weigh drafting Chase Young vs. trading No. 2 pick