AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — After receiving several reports of tools and equipment stolen from construction sites, the Amherst County Sheriff’s Office took to Facebook on Tuesday afternoon to warn residents and prevent future larcenies.
The Amherst County Sheriff’s Office suggests that contractors secure their tools and equipment rather than leaving them in areas that are out of public view or poorly lit. Furthermore, for those who will not be on the site for a longer period, please take your equipment with you.
In case these larcenies continue, authorities recommend that contractors keep an updated record of serial numbers and any recognizable features in order to assist investigators in identifying lost or stolen tools and equipment.
If you have any information about these incidents, please call the Investigators Division of the Amherst County Sheriff’s Office at (434) 946-9373.
- Rosie’s celebrating two years in Virginia with special rewards, discounts on Friday
- Maryland factory making J&J vaccine was dirty, improperly run, FDA inspection found
- Child tax credit: Enhanced credit could be extended through 2025
- Official: Virginia mental hospitals dangerously full
- Man says 7-year-old daughter ’embarrassed’ after student, then teacher cut her hair