DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Police in Danville are investigating a homicide that happened around 5:44 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 26.
In a statement, Danville Police said its officers found a 19-year-old suffering from a gunshot wound to the upper torso after responding to a shots fired call in the 600 block of Edmonds Street.
The shooting victim, Xavier N. Carson, was transported to Danville Regional Medical Center where he died.
His body will be taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Roanoke for an autopsy.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call the Danville Police Department at (434) 793-0000 or (434) 799-6510.
- Pinpoint Weather: Rain ends, then becoming mostly sunny and milder
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits
- Central Shenandoah Health District says may be at least March before Phase 1b vaccination complete
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Two women accused of impersonating Florida police officers, livestreaming fake traffic stop