DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Police in Danville are investigating a homicide that happened around 5:44 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 26.
In a statement, Danville Police said its officers found a 19-year-old suffering from a gunshot wound to the upper torso after responding to a shots fired call in the 600 block of Edmonds Street.
The shooting victim, Xavier N. Carson, was transported to Danville Regional Medical Center where he died.
His body will be taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Roanoke for an autopsy.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call the Danville Police Department at (434) 793-0000 or (434) 799-6510.
- ‘Out on the town’: 200-pound tortoise back home after escaping Alabama pen
- Man charged in 2-month-old daughter’s death left trail of destruction
- Scientists remove 98 ‘murder hornets’ in Washington state
- Woman accused of impersonating prosecutor, attempting to drop her own case
- Body of missing hip-hop artist found in Virginia man’s car trunk after crash in Florida