Tanning bed causes business to catch fire

Local News
fire fighter 3_1558039230342.jpg.jpg

Roanoke County Fire and Rescue says an accidental fire has caused $15,000 to $20,000 in damage to a tanning business. 

Crews were called to the 100 block of Walnut Avenue close to 11:30 on Thursday morning. 

Smoke and flames were not visible from the exterior of the building. It took crews 10 minutes to get the fire under control.

Officials determined an electrical component in one of the tanning beds caused the fire. 

The business was occupied at the time of the fire, but no injuries were reported. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More News