SMITH MOUNTAIN LAKE (WFXR) — Organizers of the Take Pride in Smith Mountain Lake annual spring cleanup initiative announced the organized events scheduled for May have been cancelled amid coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns.
“We extend our sincere thanks to volunteers, committee members and sponsors who were primed to help with this important community event,” said John Rupnik, president of the Smith Mountain Lake Association (SMLA), in a press release. “However, in light of the recent progression of COVID-19 and CDC recommendations, representatives of all three organizing bodies were in agreement this is the necessary course of action.”
The organized cleanup events were scheduled for the first three Saturdays in May at multiple locations around Smith Mountain Lake.
- WV Attorney General warns consumers of Social Security scam
- Dukes of Hazzard star befriends woman living with multiple brain disorders
- VHA offering new Rent and Mortgage Relief Program
- Inmate dies at Chesterfield County Jail Sunday morning
- The eyes don’t have it: Masks upset classroom communication